Friday, March 27, 2009

Wilton Cake Class 1 - Part 3




I was a little scared of the roses but I think they turned out not too bad. They look no where near as good as the book or the ones the instructor does - but better than I thought they would. The instructor makes it all look so easy and can whip a rose out in a few seconds. It just takes a lot of practice - I still have a bunch of icing so I need to just practice without making anymore cakes for now (you can only eat so much cake).

The class was a lot of fun and I would recommend it to anyone. I think I may take the fondant/gum paste class in May. You can make some really cool looking cakes with that stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your cake! It looks great! I took the Wilton classes last year and the roses were the hardest part- but they do get easier!